One of the recurring themes on this blog is instructional design careers. These posts are written from my own experiences both as a job seeker and employee and as a former manager hiring instructional designers.
My original series on instructional design careers:
- What Does an Instructional Designer Do?
- Getting Into Instructional Design
- Instructional Design Skills
- Technology Skills
- Professional Organizations and Career Options
- Is instructional design the right career?
- Do Instructional Designers Really Need Technology Skills?
- Two Big Technology Skills
Instructional Design Degrees, Certificates, and Certification
- Formal or Informal Masters for Instructional Designers?
- Instructional Design Degrees
- Multiple Paths to Instructional Design Careers
- Instructional Design Training Programs
- Instructional Design Certificate or Masters Degree
- Overqualified Instructional Designers?
- ID Badges: My Experience with TIfPI’s Certification
Freelance and Remote Work
- Telecommute Instructional Design Jobs
- Selling E-Learning as a Freelancer
- Getting Started as a Freelance Instructional Designer
- Tips for Starting to Freelance
- Freelance Instructional Design: More Tips from the Trenches
- How Freelance Clients Find Me
- Blogging to Build your Business
- Instructional Design Hourly Rates and Salary
- Instructional Design Experience Before Your First Job
- Teacher to Instructional Designer: Interview Questions
- Adapting Resumes from Teaching to Instructional Design
- Questions about Instructional Design Careers
- Demand for Instructional Designers
If you enjoyed what you’re finding here, consider a free subscription so you can receive automatic updates. Don’t worry, I hate spam as much as you do, so I’ll never share your email address with anyone.
Subscribe by Email (This link will take you directly to the Subscribe widget on the right side of my blog.)