Are You Meeting All Five Moments of Learning Need? by Conrad Gottfredson & Bob Mosher : Learning Solutions Magazine
Looking at the role of performance support at different places in the workflow, what the author calls the “five moments of need”: New, More, Apply, Solve, and Change
These “Five Moments of Need” provide an overarching framework for helping learners become and remain competent in their individual and collective work.
Here they are:
- When people are learning how to do something for the first time (New);
- When people are expanding the breadth and depth of what they have learned (More);
- When they need to act upon what they have learned, which includes planning what they will do, remembering what they may have forgotten, or adapting their performance to a unique situation (Apply);
- When problems arise, or things break or don’t work the way they were intended (Solve); and,
- When people need to learn a new way of doing something, which requires them to change skills that are deeply ingrained in their performance practices (Change).
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.